Monday, September 18, 2006

- So, why did you want to become a photographer?

- Fish.

- Fish.

- Tropical fish, actually. When I was a kid, I used to go to the library and pick out all the books... with tropical fish, you know. Beautiful colors and shapes. When I was eight years old, I realized someone had to take pictures of the fish. And I wanted that to be me. But I grew up and I realized that... things don't have to be extraordinary to be beautiful. The ordinary could be just as beautiful.

- Like what?

- Well... like... you see the couple there? Look at the way the girl is holding on to him so tight. But he can still drink his coffee. It looks like she feels safe wrapped around him. And if you believe that, I'll tell you another one.

- Take my picture. I feel beautiful tonight.

[ wicker park ]

No comments: